Hey beautiful faces :)
This recipe was adapted to give those health nuts a cheat snack, but its crazy healthy! The original recipe that I adapted it from you can find here. This all started because a friend and I are CRAZY for Cobs.. They have this Raspberry white chocolate scone that is divine. Below I have modified the recipe to cut the sugar and use more natural sweeteners.
It was so close to being vegan than I decided to add Greek yogurt. Regardless you can make a lot of substitutions!
This will easily make 12!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar (light or dark brown sugar will do!)
- 1 Ripe Banana mashed
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (or any yogurt)
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup milk (almond, soy, cow's or rice milk)
- 1/4 of semi-sweet chocolate chips OR dark chips
- 1/4 of white chocolate chips OR yogurt chips
- 1 cup of raspberries (Fresh or Frozen)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray. You can use muffin liners but it will stick.
- In a large bowl, sift all dry ingredients together: Flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together.
- In another bowl, whisk honey and brown sugar together until it is thick and creamy texture with no lumps. Add the mashed banana, yogurt and apple sauce.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and fold it altogether. The consistency will be thick that is when you add the milk slowly to mix the ingredients together. The milk provides a thinning effect while keeping the mixture thick.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and or yogurt chips and then the raspberries last. Do not over mix batter or it will be tough dry muffins!
- Place the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 18-20 minutes and make sure to poke a toothpick in the centre of the muffin to see if it runs clean.
ENJOY!! Let me know how well it works out!!!